Welcome to the Fort A.P. Hill iSportsman Service
2016 CA Brief information is available under the News tab.
With the implementation of the iSportsman service there are numerous changes to the Fort A.P. Hill (FAPH), Hunting, Fishing and Trapping regulations. Because this system differs greatly from past operation procedures, it is imperative that users develop a working knowledge of these regulations.
Please remember, it is your responsibility to read and understand these regulations in their entirety. To receive clarification or interpretation of these regulations, users should contact the Fish and Wildlife Branch (804) 633-8984. Because of live-fire training both past and present, it is possible to encounter munitions while recreating at Fort A.P. Hill. It is your responsibility to be aware of your surroundings, stay within your assigned hunting area, and know the proper procedures in the event that you discover a munition. Know and follow the 3Rs of Explosive Safety listed below. All Hunters wishing to hunt in the Controlled Access Areas must meet additional safety requirements outlined in the Hunting,Trapping & Fishing Regulations (APH 200-10).
|Click Here for more UXO safety information|
Do not call the Range Control Fire Desk with questions concerning the iSportsman service.
Do not arrive at the FAPH entrance prior to 0430. No parking or waiting is allowed on FAPH property.
Reservation change: To reserve a hunting spot for Monday, reservations are to be made Sunday evening at 7:00pm.
Reservations are only place holders for the area for the next day. You MUST STILL CHECK IN to the area the morning of your hunt to fill that spot. Having a reservation does NOT automatically check you out to the area you have reserved.
Visitor Control Center (VCC) Hours - M-F 0700 - 1600, Sat. Closed, Sun. Closed
Step 1: If you created an iSportman account previously do not create register a new account. Use the same account as last season. If you do not already have an iSportsman account then register in iSportsman by clicking on the Register tab in the blue bar above, complete that form and submit.
Step 2: EVERYONE MUST complete a new background check through the Visitor Control Center annually.
Print the background form, fill it out, sign it and drop by the VCC during normal business hours to complete this process. You may email the completed form to the VCC email@example.com
- For Hunting & Trapping Background check and weapons registration form click here. For Fishing Background Check Form click here
- Weapon permits expire one year from date of issue. Even if you submit your background check and weapon permit registration form via e-mail you must still go by the VCC to pick up a current weapons permit.
Step 3: Once background check is complete the VCC will activate your FAPH iSportsman account.
Step 4: Log into your account and acquire the necessary permits.
MWR Deer Cooler Policy click here
Click to view the new Fort A.P. Hill Hunter Orientation Slides
- iSportsman is a web and phone based system. User transactions will be run through this system.
- Checking into and out of areas can be performed by phone, on the FAPH iSportsman website, or at the kiosk located at the Visitor Control Center (VCC). click here for map
- Permits will no longer be sold at the Outdoor Recreation Building.
- The Game Check Station is now located across from the Fish and Wildlife Office in Anderson Camp. click here for map
- No daily cards to pick up and drop off.
- May change areas by phone or web page.
This is not an official U.S. Army or U.S. Army Garrison Fort A.P. Hill hosted website. The appearance of hyperlinks to external sites does not constitute endorsement by the Department of the U.S. Army of the linked Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.