Welcome to Fort A.P. Hill iSportsman
!NEW! Bow season either-sex extended: 2 October - 1 January (CA & TA Either Sex all season). 1 Deer per day still apllies.
See 2021-22 Hunting, Trapping and Fishing Regulations Click Here. Big Game Cheat Sheet Click Here.
11-27-2021 Deer Harvest Update: Click Here.
Note: Centerfire rifles are not permitted for use on FAPH (See page 18 section 9a. APH Regulation 200-10)
Smoots Pond will reopen for fishing 6/24/2021. The pond gate will not open till 0630 each day. Anglers will not be able to put their boats in prior to this time. If the pond gate is closed past 0630 and smoots is open on iSportsman call DES at 804-633-8888 for assitance. Smoots pond water level is low (approx. 2-3 ft lower) due to construction activities and will be for the foreseeable future. Anglers need to be cautious/mindful of the low water and acknowledge any associated hazards.
Biking permits are no longer required through the iSportsman webpage. Please contact MWR at (804) 633-8244 with any questions in regards to biking on Fort A.P. Hill.
Bowies Pond is now only accessible for fishing through the garrison; no exterior access to the pond is permitted. All piers and docks are closed.
- There is currently no public access to the Fish and Wildlife office located in Building 308. If assistance is needed please call (540) 259-0989 or (804) 633-8984 and leave a message.
- The kiosk is no longer available for check in/out. Everyone must check in or out from iSportsman using a mobile device.
- When checking in game at the check stand, hunters are asked to please maintain and respect social distancing guidelines and wear a mask where appropriate.
Driving During Wet Conditions
Please use caution when driving on Fort A.P. Hill during wet conditions. When parking off of a recreation road please assess the road shoulder before pulling into a wet spot that could result in leaving ruts or possibly becoming stuck. If damage is caused to the road shoulder please contact the Fish & Wildlife Branch so that repairs can be made.
Please use the iSportsman Startup Guide to help you through the registration process.
Step 1: If you created an iSportman account previously do not create register a new account. Use the same account as last season. If you do not already have an iSportsman account then register in iSportsman by clicking on the Register tab in the blue bar above, complete that form and submit.
Step 2: EVERYONE MUST complete a new background check through the Visitor Control Center annually.
- Weapon permits expire one year from date of issue. Even if you submit your background check and weapon permit registration form via e-mail you must still go by the VCC to pick up a current weapons permit.
Print the background form, fill it out, sign it and drop by the VCC during normal business hours to complete this process. You may email the completed form to the VCC email@example.com
Step 3: Once background check is complete the VCC will activate your FAPH iSportsman account. Call the VCC at (804) 633-8585 to check on the status of your background check.
Step 4: Log into your account and acquire the necessary permits.
Visitor Control Center (VCC) Hours: Monday-Friday 0700-1600, Closed Sat and Sun. Please call ahead as hours are subject to change for holidays.
Please remember, it is your responsibility to read and understand these regulations in their entirety. To receive clarification or interpretation of these regulations, users should contact the Fish and Wildlife Branch (804) 633-8984. Because of live-fire training both past and present, it is possible to encounter munitions while recreating at Fort A.P. Hill. It is your responsibility to be aware of your surroundings, stay within your assigned hunting area, and know the proper procedures in the event that you discover a munition. Know and follow the 3Rs of Explosive Safety listed below. All Hunters wishing to hunt in the Controlled Access Areas must meet additional safety requirements outlined in the Hunting,Trapping & Fishing Regulations (APH 200-10).
Please use Fort A.P. Hill UXO Map to report where you found a UXO.
Click Here for more UXO safety information.
- iSportsman is a web and phone based system. User transactions will be run through this system.
- Checking into and out of areas can be performed by phone or on the FAPH iSportsman website.
- Permits will no longer be sold at the Outdoor Recreation Building.
- The Game Check Station is now located across from the Fish and Wildlife Office in Anderson Camp. click here for map
- No daily cards to pick up and drop off.
- May change areas by phone or web page.
This is not an official U.S. Army or U.S. Army Garrison Fort A.P. Hill hosted website. The appearance of hyperlinks to external sites does not constitute endorsement by the Department of the U.S. Army of the linked Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site. Visit AP Hill main website at https://home.army.mil/aphill/index.php